Monday, February 16, 2015

BOLIVIAAAAAAAAA

Hola amigos!!!!!! I´m finally aqui en Bolivia!!! Perdon mi español its only that its kinda hard to think in english ahhahaa! Their accent here is so dope! I love it, its so different than the CCM but i cant wait to come home with a cool accent! 

I love the people here and I'm loving the weather because its super hot and humid. The word for dude is che. Its pronounced like chay. They have a huge carnival here every year during a few days in February and we aren't allowed to leave our casas during those days so were gonna have a party. The coolest thing here, the thing that is most chevere (that means cool) is that we travel by motorcycle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How dope is that? But we can't drive them only ride in back. 


Probably one of my favorite things here, we get to have machetes if we want which is so cool. And the food here is so rico! Ya i love it. And a Bolivian thing is they say ya instead of si so its super easy cuz i say that all the time hahaha!

My companion is soooo cool i've learned a ton from him. Just how to be patient especially with lessons and talking to people. We can have moments of silence and not feel uncomfortable. I love that about this place. The people are soooo nice and they are so different that what i'm used to. You can go shake someones hand and say hi then just kinda stand there for a while in silence and its totally normal then talk and have silence again. Its like a bunch of grandpas but everyone is just their normal age hahaha.

I love spanish. Ok so here's an experience in a lesson. in my first lesson with a member present. we taught the restoration and it was dope cuz the spirit was guiding the lesson the whole time and i could feel it so much. Like i don't even know how to describe it but i just feel so much love for the people here and i wanna teach them and help them. Its cool. 


Today ill eat my first saltena! cool huh? I'm pumped. Prayers are so much more meaningful here because i REALLY need blessings right now more than ever so my whole heart and energy go into them. I don't know if there's a way to do it but maybe just try to put everything aside for a moment and pray with all your soul cuz it brings a whole different feeling and blessings come i promise!

Ok cool so i attached a couple pictures. One is of me and my first comp! He's huge! His spanish is great and hes a great teacher! He's the leader of the district. The other pic is of one of the moto taxis and just the street. Its the street in front of my house. Ok love you guys! have a great week and ill talk to you soon!!!!

Elder Hilton


No comments:

Post a Comment