Monday, December 7, 2015

I'm in the Jungle Baby!!!

I took a plane to a far away land called Trinidad. 
I got here and WOW its hot here! There's pure jungle with hundreds of motorcycles all over the streets! There's like NO cars, just motos. We see crazy stuff on the streets like snakes and dead animals with larvae and nasty cool stuff.

My new comp is Loco but hes a great missionary. We get to teach a lot of people because there's a LOT of families here and they're really spread out so when we come they're happy to receive us which is a HUGE change from the city that I love.
They gave me a huge mango called a durazno mango (Peach mango) and wow its soooo yummy!
The people here are really nice and they're pretty receptive to the message of the restoration which makes me really happy and excited to keep sharing the gospel with everyone for the rest of my life.

We have a white night planned for the 9th of January where were going to baptize 3 or 4 families. Its going to be a huge blessing to see peoples lives change thanks to the gospel. I've seen that if I show confidence in the fact that the gospel changes lives and causes happiness, the people are more likely to act on the invitations, but if I'm timid or show doubt, they wont act. I've also seen countless times on the mission and before the mission and in my own life that if we read the book of mormon every day, we´ll never fall away from the truth, but if we stop reading, we will fall and it will be hard to recover. 

I love the gospel, I know that its for everyone. EVERYONE. The Lord doesn't forget about anyone. Well I love you guys and hope you have a great week!

Elder Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment