Monday, July 11, 2016

THE BEST and most tiring week

This week was AWESOME because we did some really cool things to help the converts. We did a dinner with the leaders and the converts and played a game that some girls taught me when I was in college. You put a bunch of funny questions on slips of paper, and you take turns pulling them out and answering them. Questions like If you were an animal, which one would you be? and silly stuff like that. It was a lot of fun and they all loved it. It helped them to get involved in the social life of a member and realize that you can have fun and be a good person. 


I loved seeing the baptism of this family and this young woman. The best part of it all was hearing their testimonies. Maria: the young woman, shared a POWERFUL testimony. She had been studying a TON because her testimony included a lot of segments from the pamphlets we use and she shared a scripture in her testimony as well. The best part of it was when she talked about the Franco family.


 (I don't know if you remember me mentioning the Centros de fortaleza which are the houses of the families that go contacting with us. The Franco family is one of them and we contacted Maria with them and every appointment we had with her was in the Franco family's house, so they helped her a TON) 

She expressed her love and gratitude towards this family and cried. That is the best part of this work for me, The feelings of love that are formed between the converts and the members. My dream is to be in the Celestial Kingdom with these converts and the members that helped us teach them. I understand that in order for that to happen, they need to be faithful until the end, and that's why I'm super anxious for the ward missionaries to start working HARD to keep these converts on the path. Repentance is more than just a change of bad habits, its also a change of social life and starting to do all the things that the prophets teach us to do, the mormon traditions. 

Anyway, I love taking part of this work and seeing so many people change their hearts and feel the joy that comes from living a righteous life.

I love you guys!

Elder Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment